- 300+bhp 2-litre turbo-charged direct-injection engine with 'fly by wire' throttle control.
- Low cost to develop, build, buy and maintain – either by teams and/or race engine-builders developing their own, or through lease/purchase of the TOCA-BTCC engine
- Engine can be sourced from a manufacturers broad 'family' range, including subsidiary marques under their effective control.
- Over-boost function and increased power output from 2013.
- Xtrac 6 speed sequential-shift gearbox.
- AP Racing carbon clutch.
- Drive-train layout (i.e. front or rear wheel drive) as per base vehicle.
- Full front sub-frame incorporating suspension, brakes, transmission and engine location that attaches to specified roll cage locations. Multi-adjustable double wishbone suspension with coil-over dampers.
- Rear sub-frame that attaches to specified roll cage locations. Multi-adjustable double wishbone suspension with coil-over dampers.
- 2,3,4 or 5 door of a minimum 4.4m length. (2 or 3 door cars must share the same basic body profile as the 4/5 door model).
- Equalised width of 1875mm
- Specified front aerodynamic device incorporating flat floor, apertures for radiator, brake cooling ducts, intercooler and side exits.
- Specified rear wing profile
- Stylised front & rear wheel-arch extensions.
- Increased driver protection
- Side exhaust permitted
- 80 litre fuel tank
- Base vehicle must be freely on sale in the UK through the manufacturers normal dealer network
- Base vehicle weights, for front and rear-wheel drive, to be determined.
- Specified 18” centre-lock wheel
- Dunlop: 245 x 650 x R18
- AP Racing specified package
- AP Racing specified pedal-box
- Cosworth Electronics specified package incorporating ECU, dash, data-logging and scrutineering logger.
- Data channels limited to 16.
- Common power management box and switch panels
- Common wiring loom design
Complete car, less engine: £100,000
Engine: £25,000 5-10% price-shift possible, depending on final components used by each team
Introduction: Eligible from 2011. Performance parity will be maintained with current S2000 cars until 2013, after which time the performance level of the NGTC car will be increased.