Alex Ingram from Edinburgh won the nationwide Sony Gran Turismo 5 3D Gaming Tournament in London. A collection of the best gamers from across the country headed to HMV Oxford Circus for the final, which F1 host Jake Humphrey hosted.
The competition was introduced to celebrate the release of GT5, while also becoming the first ever UK gaming tournament in 3D. Over a 10 day period, nearly 700 GT5 fans entered the competition at HMV stores across the country, with the best ten making the grand final, where they took on the most challenging tracks and cars in the game, with Alex coming out on top.
Christian Brown, Senior Category Marketing Manager, Sony UK says: “The tournament has been a perfect opportunity for consumers to experience 3D technology first hand – and it was fantastic to see so many world class gamers get involved”.
Alex Ingram says: “Running this tournament in 3D was brilliant as GT5 really is the first decent full blown 3D game out there.”
- The 10 contestants each completed a 3 lap time trial on the following circuits:
- The four contestants that accumulated the most points qualified for the Semi Final stages.
Semi Final 1:
- Fastest Qualifier v Fourth Fastest Qualifier
Semi Final 2:
- Second Fastest Qualifier v Third Fastest Qualifier
3rd Place Play off:
- Third Fastest semi final v Fourth Fastest semi final – losers played for 3rd place
- Fastest semi finalist v Second Fastest semi finalist competed in the final
TRACK AND CAR DETAILS:
Track: High Speed Ring
Car: Mercedes SLS
Track: Chamonix East
Car: Citroen C4 WRC
Car: Nissan GT-R
Semi finals :
Track : Suzuka Circuit
Car : Lamborghini Gallardo
3rd place play off:
Track: Nurburgring GP Circuit
Car: Audi R8
Track: Circuit De Le Sarthe
Car : Pagani Zonda R'09