James Nash will return for a second season with Triple Eight Race Engineering, the team announced today, the 25-year-old resigning with team after competing in all but the opening round of the 2010 season.

Nash burst into the British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) in 2009, running a limited schedule in a Chevrolet Lacetti. His debut year included a Snetterton round where he won the race on the road, before being disqualified for an earlier incident.

“To have sorted the contract well before the start of the season is fabulous,” said Nash. “I'm thrilled to be running again with Triple Eight. My aim this season is to consistently be fighting for the podium positions and hopefully the top step too.”

Triple Eight ran privately entered Vauxhall Vectras last season, with Nash being joined by various graduates of feeder series throughout the year. Today's announcement did not specify which make of car Nash would be driving, though it reassured that full details of the team's driver and sponsor line-up would be confirmed soon.

Ian Harrison, Triple Eight Chairman said; “James is one of the best young drivers in the BTCC and I am delighted that he will be racing with us again. Last year we only saw glimpses of what he's capable of and I'm sure that with the package we've got lined up this season we'll see a lot more of him competing at the sharp end.”

The first round of the BTCC takes place at the Brands Hatch circuit on April 2-3. The series' media day (March 24) at Silverstone is open to the public from 1pm, giving fans the first glimpse of the 2011 season to come.