Westbourne Motorsport’s James Colburn topped the timesheets in the official AirAsia Renault Clio Cup UK test at the new Snetterton 300 circuit, ahead of the next rounds of the series at Oulton Park in Cheshire on June 4/5.
Colburn, who took part in three of the day's sessions, set a best time of 2min 08.808s around the 2.97mile track, 0.456s clear of his closest rival, Get On Track Developments’ Jake Packun. Third fastest was Team Pyro's Josh Files, with his team-mate Chris Swanwick 0.079s behind.
Colburn commented: “It was good to get to grips with the new layout. I’ve tested here before but it’s a layout that takes time to learn. There are corners which are pretty difficult in a front wheel drive car, especially through Coram and into Murrays where the rear is very light. I think it’s going to be very interesting when we visit Snetterton in August.”
Colburn will be showcasing his Clio as a guest of title sponsor AirAsia at Westfield Shopping Centre in London this weekend, with the car on display from Friday, while he will meet shoppers and participate in a simulator head-to-head contest on Sunday afternoon.
Best overall times from four test sessions:
1. James Colburn Westbourne Motorsport 2:08.808s G
2. Jake Packun Get On Track Developments 2:09.264s G
3. Josh Files Team Pyro 2:09.267s G
4. Chris Swanwick Team Pyro 2:09.346s G
5. Paul Rivett Lumison BlueSquare Data/SVE 2:09.363s
6. Adam Bonham Team Pyro 2:09.456s G
7. Neb Bursac 20Ten Racing Limited 2:09.893s
8. Mark Proctor TCR Racing 2:09.991s M
9. Darren Wilson 20Ten Racing Limited 2:10.061s M
10. Nicolas Hamilton TCR Racing 2:10.468s G