Klaus Klaffenbock and Daniel Sayle took their third TT victory in a row after winning the Sure Sidecar Race One on Saturday.
The Austrian/Manx pairing won both sidecar races at last year's TT and lapped at 114.262mph to win the first of this year's contests, beating John Holden and Andrew Winkle into second place.
Klaffenbock took the lead at Glen Helen on the first lap and were never threatened for the rest of the race. Despite being released behind Holden, Klaffenbock had overtaken the LCR duo by the end of the first lap and with a comfortable time advantage in his pocket, the Austrian was able to simply stay with Holden for the rest of the race to take a comfortable victory.
The two teams did treat the spectators to some wheel to wheel racing on the roads but with the time difference between them always around the 10 second mark, there was no realistic chance of Holden and Winkle snatching victory.
The two teams took the chequered flag virtually together as Klaffenbock and Sayle won the race by 11.66seconds. Conrad Harrison and Mike Aylott claimed the final podium position after coming out on top in their battle with the team of Tim Reeves and Gregory Cluze.
The Connole Racing pair would be disappointed with fourth after a sticking throttle cost them valuable time, they eventually missed out on third place by 11.33seconds.
Tony Elmer and Darren Marshall ran in fifth throughout the race and Gary Bryan and Jamie Winn did likewise as they claimed sixth spot. Former FIM World Sidecar champions Ben and Tom Birchall finished seventh on their return to the TT ahead of Dougie Wright and Martin Hull in eighth, Greg Lambert and Aaron Galligan in ninth and the team of Carl Fenwick & Mark Sayers earned the title of top newcomers in tenth.
2011 Isle of Man TT fuelled by Monster Energy – Sure Sidecar Race One Result:
1. Klaus Klaffenbock/Dan Sayle (Honda) 59m26.21s
2. John Holden/Andrew Winkle (LCR) +11.66
3. Conrad Harrison/Mike Aylott (Shelbourne) +1:03.20
4. Tim Reeves/Gregory Cluze (Honda) +1:15.53
5. Tony Elmer/Darren Marshall (Yamaha) +1:28.70
6. Gary Bryan/Jamie Winn (Baker) +1:54.72
7. Ben Birchall/Tom Birchall (LCR) +2:36.55
8. Douglas Wright/Martin Hull (Baker) +2:40.98
9. Gregory Lambert/Aaron Galligan (Honda) +2:54:92
10. Carl Fenwick/Mark Sayers* (Shelbourne) +3:54.96