Lamborghini Super Trofeo championship leader Fabio Babini and co-driver Matteo Zucchi claimed their third consecutive pole position in a rain-soaked qualifying at Spa.
The Autocarrozzeria Imperiale S.R.L duo secured the landmark pole with a lap of 2:43:441 around the Belgian circuit just half a second ahead of Peter Kox and Nico Pronk in second.
Kox is second in the title hunt behind Babini and will be hoping to take maximum points to catch the Italian, whilst Zucchi will be hoping to capitalize on pole and take the lead in the Pro-Am standings.
Babini was delighted to have taken a third pole in a row in what were difficult conditions but is well aware of the threat the #76 Reiter entry of Kox and Pronk pose.
He said: “It was a crazy qualifying session. It was the first time we've had really wet conditions this year, so I'm very happy to have taken pole position again. It was a very close contest between us and the #76 car.”
Erik JaniÅ¡, in his first 2011 outing, and Jakub Knoll secured third place on the grid with a time of 2:44.001, beating the #1 Automobili Lamborghini guest entry of Luigi Ferrara and Fabio Fassitelli to third by less than half a second.
Round ten of the Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo will commence at 10:50 (CET) on 29 July 2011.
1. Babini/Zucchi (#22), Autocarozzeria Imperiale S.R.L., 2:43.441
2. Pronk/Kox (#76), Reiter, + 0.549
3. JaniÅ¡ E./Knoll (#99), Gravity-Charouz Racing, + 0.560
4. Ferrara/Fassitelli (#1), Automobili Lamborghini, + 1.028
5. Tweraser/Sladecka (#77), Gravity-Charouz Racing, + 1.461
6. Leimer C. (#63), Autovitesse Garage R. Affolter + 1.480
7. Ragazzi/Carboni (#80), Autocarozzeria Imperiale S.R.L., + 2.853
8. Seveso (#20), Autocarozzeria Imperiale S.R.L., + 3.772
9. MamÃ© (#3), Bonaldi Motorsport, + 5.036
10. Å t'ovÃÄek/Charouz (#88), Gravity-Charouz Racing, + 6.044
11. Leimer H. (#11), Autovitesse Garage R. Affolter + 8.211
12. Gebhardt/de RadiguÃ¨s (#2), Automobili Lamborghini, + 8.266
13. Jenny (#19), Autovitesse Garage R. Affolter + 9.132