BARC's Golden Centenary Logo

 

Britain's largest motorsport club, the British Automobile Racing Club (BARC) has announced the release of a special logo as it prepares for its centenary year in 2012.

The golden laurel image, which features the usual BARC shield will be used as the official logo throughout 2012. The club, which first formed in 1912 as The Cyclecar Club, currently operates race circuits Croft, Mallory Park, Pembrey, Thruxton and hillclimb venues Gurston Down and Harewood, as well as being a significant player in the management and running of motorsport events.

2012 will see a range of events to celebrate the clubs centenary, including the launch of a new book, '100 Years of theBARC' by Gareth Rogers, and a Centenary Gala Ball.