As the lead DP cars continue to thread their way through the GT traffic the Chip Ganassi cars lead in to the hour. A pit stop put the #01 back to third promoting Daytona rookie Felipe Nasr up to second place behind the #02 car of Juan Pablo Montoya.
Nasr moved up to second place as result of Scott Pruett's pit stop but that was the easy part over, the following battle would see the #01 challenge the #6 through the infield section, and at times seeing the two cars alongside each other. As the cars hit the banking Nasr had the legs on Pruett, with the Ford power plant outpacing the BMW; Pruett would sit and wait patiently until Nasr made an error, this would come just before a pit stop from the #6 car as losing grip on the old rubber he missed the apex on the hairpin leaving the door open for Pruett to slot in to second, nether the less the performance from Nasr was impressive.
Meanwhile back in the GT class Porsche Supercup champion Rene Rast lead the field comfortably with the #59 of Leh Keen followed by the #88 of Paul Edwards.
Lucas Luhr drove hard before his pitstop to unlap himself and return to the lead lap, at tactic which worked out well as following the stop he would come out remaining on the same lap as leader Graham Rahal in the #01 Ganassi car.
The battle through the lapped cars continued and the two Ganassi car's lead the way with a change of position as Dixon eased by in at the hairpin. From this moment on they would look to secure their lead pulling away from the #6 Michael Shank Racing car now in the hands of Jorge Goncalvez, which appeared to be slipping back in to the grasp of the chasing field of Wilson (#60), Law (#5) and Luhr (#8). The fastest two cars on track at the end of the hour were fourth places Wilson and eighth placed Luhr.
At the end of the hour a combination of pitstops and traffic saw the #44 Porsche leading the way in the GT class with the #59 Brumos Porsche chasing in second and the #88 Camaro of Autohaus Motorsports up to third.
50th Rolex 24 at Daytona DP class standings after Hour 10
1. #02 Chip Ganassi Racing – Dixon/Franchitti/McMurray/Montoya
2. #01 Chip Ganassi Racing – Hand/Pruett/Rahal/Rojas
3. #6 Michael Shank Racing – Goncalvez, McDowell/ Nasr/Yacaman
4. #60 Michael Shank Racing – Allmendinger/Negri/Pew/Wilson
5. #5 Action Express Racing – Donohue/Fittipaldi/Law
50th Rolex 24 at Daytona GT class standings after Hour 10
1. #44 Magnus Racing – Lally/Lietz/Potter/Rast
2. #59 Brumos Racing – Davis/Haywood/Keen/Lieb
3. #88 Autohaus Motorsports – Edwards/Marsh/Milner/Taylor
4. #23 Alex Job Racing – Collard/Holzer/Leitzinger/
5. #57 Stevenson Motorsports – Bremer/Edwards/Liddell