Dean Canto Photo credit: Rod Nash Racing

Dean Canto Photo credit: Rod Nash Racing

Dean Canto will again drive the #55 The Bottle-O Racing Team Ford Falcon in this year's V8 Supercars endurance races at Sandown and Bathurst.

The two-time V8 Supercars Development Series champion and former full-time V8 Supercars driver returns for a third-straight year with the Rod Nash Racing-owned outfit and his fifth-consecutive year within the Ford Performance Racing stable.

Canto will drive the #55 FPR-prepared and run Falcon alongside the yet-to-be-named full-time driver who will replace the retiring Paul Dumbrell.

“I am really happy to be with the team again as we came on strong last year as the season progressed after we sorted a few things,” Canto said.

“With that in mind I can see us starting strong this year and given our form last year in the enduros I think we will have a very competitive package.

“Last year we had our potential high finish at Bathurst cruelly taken away from us so even though the end result was out of our control, we can build on that speed and have a better year in 2012.”

Team owner Rod Nash is pleased the 31-year-old agreed to sign up for a third year in his car and he believes there is no reason Canto will not deliver the same form again this year.

“Dean has always been a consistent contributor so it is great we have been able to again secure his services,” Nash said.

“He has been part of the FPR network for a number of years and is not only highly-respected, but has a safe pair of hands which is vital come enduro time.

“This year we really plan to take a significant step forward as a team and Dean will be a key part of that.”

Canto will reacquaint himself with the #55 The Bottle-O Ford this Saturday where he will drive for the first time this year at V8 Supercars' season launch test day at Sandown in Melbourne.