Seven drivers that took part in the 2014 Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy will go head-to-head in a chance to win a fully funded one-off chance to drive a Ford Fiesta R5 in a round of the FIA World Rally Championship WRC2 class.
The seven contenders were hand-picked from the five rounds that took place this season:
- Kevin Van Deijne: Nominated from Portugal (51st overall and eighth Fiesta) and Finland (29th overall – fifth Fiesta)
- Hugo Arellano: Nominated from Poland (42nd overall and seventh Fiesta)
- Mats van den Brand: Nominated from Germany (31st overall and second Fiesta)
- Timo van der Marel: Nominated from Spain (28th overall and third Fiesta)
- Max Vatanen: Nominated as top Rookie in the Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy
- Ralfs Sirmacis: Wildcard nomination for his performance at Rally Poland
- Tom Cave: Wildcard nomination for his overall performance in the Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy in his first WRC season in a Ford Fiesta R2.
The seven drivers will now face a range of assessments at M-Sport‘s HQ before the winner is selected by managing director Malcolm Wilson and DMACK boss Dick Cormack.
All challenges will take part on control DMACK tyres to make sure there is no advantage and the performances are judged purely on driver skills.
The first part of the opportunity starts on Wednesday 3rd December which will see the drivers undergo physical, mental and media assessments before Ott Tänak judges their driving skills the following day.
The winner will receive a prize drive on one round of the WRC 2 in next season’s championship using a Ford Fiesta R5 rally car in the Drive DMACK team.