The provisional 2015 F3 Cup Championship calendar has been released, with eighteen races set to take place across seven race weekends.
Alongside two visits to Brands Hatch, the series will visit Silverstone, Oulton Park, Donington Park and Snetterton, while the venue for a European round is set to be announced soon.
A new race format for next season will see four of the seven rounds run as a triple-header, with two fifteen minute sprint races and a twenty minute feature race, alongside double-headers for the remaining three.
“With the demise of the British F3 Championship, it was important to allow newer F3 machinery into F3 Cup,” said David Scott, MSVR’s Race Operations Manager.
“With the class revisions and a new three-race format, we’re confident that the 2015 F3 Cup Championship will prove to be an attractive proposition for aspiring young drivers, like current champion Toby Sowery, and amateur racers alike.”
The F3 Cup will incorporate cars built from 2008 to 2011 in the Cup Class, 1997 to 2001 machinery in the Trophy class and 1981 to 1996 cars in the Masters Class, alongside an invitational class for cars outside these boundaries.
Provisional 2015 F3 Cup Championship Calendar
- 4 & 6 April – Oulton Park International*
- 25/26 April – Donington Park National
- 16/17 May – Brands Hatch Indy
- 25/26 July – Snetterton 300
- 15/16 August – Brands Hatch GP*
- 12/13 September – Silverstone GP
- TBC – TBC (European round)* *Denotes two-race format.
F3 Cup Classes for 2015:
- Cup Class for cars built from 1 January 2002 to 31 December 2011
- Trophy Class for cars built from 1 January 1997 to 31 December 2001
- Masters Class for cars built from 1 January 1981 to 31 December 1996
- Invitation Class for other Formula 3 cars, at the organisers’ discretion (not eligible for championship points)