The thirteenth hour is unlucky for some and this morning it was unlucky for the JMW Motorsport Ferrari F458 Italia. What started as a regular pit stop soon escalated in to a dramatic situation as the fuel rig caught fire, engulfing the car and mechanics in flame. The fire wouldn’t last long, as the saftey crews got to work with extinguishers. A brief period in the garage and the JMW Motorsport crew had got the car back out on track.
The #45 Ibanez Racing Oreca 03 – Nissan would be forced to get a new nose fitted after damage on track.
The two remaining LMP1 Nissan’s are pushing on as the team looks to gather as much data as possible in what is now an extended test session for the team.
Across the field there have been very little changes to position, the two Audis of #7 and #8 have swapped position while the SMP Racing Ferrari moves in to the lead of the class.
Top 3 positions in each class after Hour 13 of the 83rd 24 Hours of Le Mans
- #19 Porsche 919 Hybrid – Hulkenberg/Bamber/Tandy
- #7 Audi R18 e-tron quattro – Fassler/Treluyer/Lotterer
- #9 Audi R18 e-tron quattro – Albuquerque/Bonanomi/Rast
- #47 KCMG Oreca 05 – Howson/Lapierre/Bradley
- #46 Thirlet by TDS Racing Oreca 05 –Thiriet/Badey/Gommendy
- #26 G-Drive Racing Ligier JS P2 –Bird/Rusinov/Canal
LM GTE Pro
- #99 Aston Martin Vantage V8 – Rees/Stanaway/MacDowall
- #64 Corvette Racing – Milner/Gavin/Taylor
- #51 AF Corse – Vilander/Bruni/Fisichella
- #72 SMP Racing Ferrari 458 Italia – Shaytar/Bertolini/Basov
- #98 Aston Martin Racing V8 – Dalla Lana/Lauda/Lamy
- #77 Dempsey-Proton Racing – Dempsey/Long/Seefried
Follow the action LIVE with the TCF live blog here