Philipp Eng completed a perfect weekend in the Netherlands as he took a clean sweep at Zandvoort with his fourth victory of the 2015 Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland season.
Eng lined up on the front row alongside Alex Riberas, the pair leaped away at the start, leaving Michael Ammermüller to fend off the advances of Nicki Thiim; this wouldn’t last long as the Dane pulled in to third place on the second lap.
A short safety car period would close the field up but ultimately the top three positions were set as Eng led Riberas and Thiim home.
“I’m fit, mentally well prepared and look forward to every single race. The feeling I get standing at the top of the podium is simply indescribable. But I also realise that I still have another eight Carrera Cup races to go and the opposition is strong,” said Eng.
Riberas was happy with his weekend despite Eng taking two pole positions, two fastest laps and both victories. “That was a really good weekend at Zandvoort. We’re leading the team classification and I’m currently second in the drivers’ category.” said Riberas.
Ammermüller consolidated his efforts with a fourth place finish ahead of Christian Engelhart and Porsche Junior Matteo Cairoli who enjoyed a weekend of close racing.
“That was a great weekend with a great result. I enjoyed my battle with Robert Renauer, Connor de Phillippi and Christopher Zöchling. It was all very fair and great fun,” said a satisfied Cairoli.
Christopher Zöchling impresses as he fought from thirteenth place up to seventh, ahead of Robert Renauer.
Porsche Junior Sven Müller was left wondering what could have been as he took a ninth place finish. “Unfortunately, the second race of the weekend didn’t run as smoothly. Now we need to find out why. But next time I’m back in full force,” said Müller.
Jeffrey Schmidt rounded off the top ten ahead of Porsche Junion Connor de Phillippi who lost out during the safety car period. “The drivers in front of me braked suddenly which forced me into the gravel to avoid contact. That’s somewhat annoying,” said de Phillippi.
After nine races Eng leads the championship with 154 points, Riberas is second with 112 points and Engelhart sits third with 109 points.
The Porsche Carrera Cup Deutshcland heads to the Red Bull Ring in Spielberg Austria on the weekend of 31 July/2 August.
2015 Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland Race 9 top 10:
- Philipp Eng (A/Team Deutsche Post by Project 1)
- Alex Riberas (E/The Heart of Racing by Lechner)
- Nicki Thiim (DK/Küs Team 75 Bernhard).
- Michael Ammermüller (D/The Heart of Racing by Lechner)
- Christian Engelhart (D/TECE MRS-Racing)
- Matteo Cairoli (I/Team Deutsche Post by Project 1)
- Christopher Zöchling (A/Konrad Motorsport)
- Robert Renauer (D/Herberth Motorsport)
- Sven Müller (D/Lechner Racing Middle East)
- Jeffrey Schmidt (CH/Lechner Racing Middle East)
Points’ standings after 9 of 17 races
- Philipp Eng (A/Team Deutsche Post by Project 1), 154 points
- Alex Riberas (E/The Heart of Racing by Lechner), 112 points
- Christian Engelhart (D/TECE MRS-Racing), 109 points
- Michael Ammermüller (D/The Heart of Racing by Lechner), 107 points
- Jeffrey Schmidt (CH/Lechner Racing Middle East), 101 points
- Richard Charles Goddard (AUS/TECE MRS-Racing), 11 points
- Pepe Massot (E/KÜS Team 75 Bernhard), 7 points
- Alexander Toril (E/Market Leader Team by Project 1), 5 points
- Rolf Ineichen (CH/Konrad Motorsport), 160 points
- Wolf Nathan (NL/Land-Motorsport), 156 points
- Ralf Bohn (D/Herberth Motorsport), 120 points
- The Heart of Racing by Lechner, 219 points
- Team Deutsche Post by Project 1, 215 points
- Lechner Racing Middle East, 184 points