Tanner Foust has taken pole position for the first event of the Thompson Red Bull Global Rallycross double header, his second pole in succession.
The Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross driver lapped the technical Thompson Speedway track in 49.5 seconds, over a second clear of second placed Patrik Sandell.
Louisville race winner Sebastian Eriksson was third, ahead of Chris Atkinson and Steve Arpin while two-time defending champion and current points leader Scott Speed had to make do with seventh, one spot behind rookie Oliver Eriksson.
Mitchell DeJong and Cabot Bigham completed the field, with Austin Dyne failing to set a time.
Red Bull GRC Thompson I Supercars qualifying results
- Tanner Foust, #34 Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross, 49.518
- Patrik Sandell, #18 Subaru Rally Team USA, 50.589
- Sebastian Eriksson, #93 Honda Red Bull Olsbergs MSE, 50.689
- Chris Atkinson, #55 Subaru Rally Team USA, 50.725
- Steve Arpin, #00 Loenbro Motorsports, 50.826
- Oliver Eriksson, #16 Honda Red Bull Olsbergs MSE, 50.830
- Scott Speed, #41 Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross, 50.865
- Mitchell deJong, #24 Honda Red Bull Olsbergs MSE, 50.070
- Cabot Bigham, #2 Bryan Herta Rallysport, 52.152
- Austin Dyne, #14 Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing, No Time