McLaren and Fernando Alonso will return for a second shot at the Indianapolis 500 in 2019. The team will return for the first time since 2017 with the aim of earning Alonso the triple crown of motorsports.
Monaco Grand Prix
McLaren CEO Zak Brown has announced today that the team will not compete full-time in the 2019 IndyCar Series. The American stated there was still a chance the team could run Alonso in the Indy 500, however.
Fernando Alonso has completed his first IndyCar test on a road course. The two-time F1 world champion took to Barber Motorsports Park for the test, where he sampled wet and dry conditions.
McLaren CEO Zak Brown has confirmed in an interview with Spanish TV that Fernando Alonso will be taking part in an IndyCar test next week with Andretti Autosport; further fuel to the rumours that the Spaniard will race in the championship next year.
American racing driver Santino Ferrucci will race in the Verizon IndyCar Series for the first time in next month’s Duel in Detroit. The nineteen-year-old will race for Dale Coyne Racing in the #19 PaySafe Honda on June 2 and 3.
Reports have emerged today that McLaren staff are in Indianapolis to discuss a potential full-time 2019 IndyCar entry. Sources suggest that the team are looking at a partnership with Andretti Autosport or Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing.
Two-time Indianapolis 500 champion, Juan Pablo Montoya, announced yesterday that he would be missing the 2018 running of the famous IndyCar race to instead prepare for his Le Mans debut in June.
Formula One driver Kevin Magnussen has said that he would love to race in the Verizon IndyCar Series after he has left F1. The Dane told crash.net that he has often dreamt of racing in the series.
The three-time grand prix winner says he’d rather focus on Formula 1 than emulate Fernando Alonso’s quest for motor racing’s triple crown.
- FeaturesFIA GT World CupMacau Grand PrixOpinion
A year on from Laurens Vanthoor‘s farcical, upside-down triumph in the Macau FIA GT World Cup, the world’s GT3 exotica would produce a no-less absurd spectacle in 2017. For a…
Valtteri Bottas believes that performance so far this year has been very track specific, and Hungary is not one of Mercedes favoured venues.
Toto Wolff believes Mercedes made the right decision to go with a longer wheelbase this season.
Jenson Button is set to go racing again, when he takes part in the Super GT at Suzuka in August.
Pirelli are not very pleased with Mercedes Boss Toto Wolff’s comments that they may be favouring Ferrari.
Cyril Abiteboul was disappointed the team were unable to score any points at Monaco this weekend, but is confident they will improve at the next round in Canada.