Andrea Bertolini put the Swiss Team Maserati Quattroporte on top in the Friday test session ahead of the International Superstars Series round at the Circuit Ricardo Tormo in Valencia.
The reigning FIA GT1 World Champion posted a best lap of 1m42.003, beating Romeo Ferraris Mercedes C63 AMG driver Johnny Herbert by sixth tenths of a second. The former Grand Prix driver was just ahead of BMW driver Thomas Biagi.
Max Pigoli, winner of the opening round of the season at Monza two weeks ago, was fourth, with 18-year-old BMW pilot Alberto Cerqui fifth. Teammate Stefano Gabellini was sixth, ahead of the Chevrolet Lumina of Fabrizio Armetta. Championship leader and winner of Race 2 at Monza, Michela Cerruti was eighth fastest around the Spanish track. Andrea Dromedari and Alex De Giacomi rounded out the top ten.
On Saturday morning two 30 minute free practice sessions will be held, ahead of the qualifying session in the afternoon.
Top ten testing results:
1. Andrea Bertolini (Maserati Quattroporte – Swiss Team) 1:42.003
2. Johnny Herbert (Mercedes C63 AMG – Romeo Ferraris) 1:42.656
3. Thomas Biagi (BMW M3 E92 – Team BMW Italia) 1:42.716
4. Max Pigoli (Mercedes C63 AMG – Romeo Ferraris) 1:43.068
5. Alberto Cerqui (BMW M3 E92 – Team BMW Italia) 1:43.159
6. Stefano Gabellini (BMW M3 E92 – Team BMW Italia) 1:43.920
7. Fabrizio Armetta (Chevrolet Lumina CR8 – Motorzone Race Car) 1.44:049
8. Michela Cerruti (Mercedes C63 AMG – Romeo Ferraris) 1.44:097
9. Andrea Dromedari (Mercedes C63 AMG – Romeo Ferraris) 1.44:117
10. Alex De Giacomi (BMW M3 E90 – Movisport) 1.44:856