Fortec Motorsport's Alex Lynn led the way in the official Formula Renault 2.0 UK Championship test at the Snetterton 300 Circuit in Norfolk, narrowly beating main championship rival Tio Ellinas.
The championship frontrunners traded times throughout the day, with Atech Reid GP's Ellinas fastest the days opening two sessions, before Lynn went quickest in the final two, ending the day with a best time of 1min 45.543s. Ellinas was 0.188s behind, with Jack Hawksworth in third, 0.191s further back.
Lynn said: “It was a good day and everything ran as it should. We got through a lot of set-up work and learnt the new track layout which is really difficult to understand but very rewarding once you get the hang of it. Our goal today was to work on set-up, so to go fastest was an added bonus.”
Ellinas commented: “It went very well for us in both the morning and the afternoon so I’m very happy. The new infield section is very interesting and I think it’s a critical part of the track. I think it’s been good to get back out in the car as it’s a long time between Thruxton and Oulton otherwise, and I can’t wait to get racing again.”
Best overall times from four test sessions:
1. Alex Lynn Fortec Motorsport 1:45.543s
2. Tio Elinas Atech Reid GP 1:45.731s
3. Jack Hawksworth Mark Burdett Motorsport 1:45.922s
4. Ollie Millroy Manor Competition 1:45.939s
5. Dan Wells Atech Reid GP 1:46.434s
6. Oscar King Atech Reid GP 1:46.540s G
7. Oliver Rowland Fortec Motorsport 1:46.617s G
8. Mitchell Gilbert Fortec Motorsport 1:46.638s G
9. Josh Hill Manor Competition 1:46.740s
10. Daniel Cammish Mark Burdett Motorsport 1:47.024s
Photo Credit: Jakob Ebrey Photography