Shane 'Shakey' Byrne was in a class of his own on his way to victory in race two at Thruxton, run again in wet conditions.
The HM Plant Honda rider scythed through from the back of the grid in the first race but was untouchable after starting from pole position in the second.
Behind him, Peter Hickman and Michael Rutter were embroiled in a race long battle for second but they were soon relegated to third and fourth as a charging Alex Lowes set fastest lap after fastest lap.
But as the 20-year-old completed the sixth lap, he suffered a highside exiting the Club chicane and was out on the spot, promoting Hickman and Rutter again and dashing any hopes of a battle for the lead.
Lowes' exit gave Byrne an eight second lead over Hickman who was forced to respond when Rutter dived past him at Goodwood, the Tyco Honda rider regaining second at the chicane.
The deciding moment in their duel came on the penultimate lap as Rutter lost the rear end of the Ducati coming through Village and speared off into the grass run-off area. Fortunately, both bike and rider were undamaged.
Dan Linfoot had been heading a five-way tussle over fourth involving John Hopkins, the Swan Yamaha duo Tommy Hill and Michael Laverty and Relentless Suzuki's Josh Brookes. Race one winner Laverty did get as high as fifth, but was shuffled back down the order as Hopkins, Hill and Brookes all passed him on lap 11.
With Rutter dropping out, Hopkins suddenly sensed the possibility of a podium and managed to find a way past Linfoot. The Sorrymate.com Honda rider couldn't even hang on to fourth as Tommy Hill sneaked through on the final lap.
Brookes claimed a comfortable sixth ahead of Michael Laverty while Chris Walker finished eighth for the second race in succession. Jon Kirkham was ninth for Crescent Suzuki just ahead of Martin Jessopp who at least salvaged some points for Rapid Solicitors–Bathams Ducati.
Ryuichi Kiyonari had another weekend to forget after struggling in wet conditions for the second event running. After coming tenth in the first race, the HM Plant Honda rider was largely anonymous in the second, finishing down in 19th.
MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Thruxton, race two result:
1. Shane BYRNE (HM Plant Honda) 20:07.763
2. Peter HICKMAN (Tyco Honda) +10.618
3. John HOPKINS (Samsung Crescent Racing) +15.527
4. Tommy HILL (Swan Yamaha) +16.980
5. Dan LINFOOT (Sorrymate.com Honda) +17.128
6. Josh BROOKES (Relentless Suzuki) +17.983
7. Michael LAVERTY (Swan Yamaha) +22.967
8. Chris WALKER (Pr1mo Racing Kawasaki) +26.881
9. Jon KIRKHAM (Samsung Crescent Racing) +32.415
10. Martin JESSOPP (Rapid Solicitors-Bathams Ducati) +34.864
Mirror.co.uk EVO class result:
- Barry BURRELL (Buildbase BMW Motorrad) 20:56.730
- Glen RICHARDS (WFR Honda) +1.316
- Simon Andrews (Buy-Force.com PR Racing Kawasaki) +8.951
Shane BYRNE (HM Plant Honda) 1:19.617
MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship standings after Thruxton:
1. Shane Byrne (HM Plant Honda) 136 Pts
2. John Hopkins (Samsung Crescent Racing) 121 Pts
3. Stuart Easton (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) 89 Pts
4. Tommy Hill (Swan Yamaha) 70 Pts
5. Michael Laverty (Swan Yamaha) 69 Pts
6. Peter Hickman (Tyco Honda) 68 Pts
7. Stuart Easton (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) 89 Pts
8. Tommy Hill (Swan Yamaha) 70 Pts
9. Michael Laverty (Swan Yamaha) 69 Pts
10. Peter Hickman (Tyco Honda) 68 Pts