Ryan Dalziel in the #8 Starworks Ford leads the Rolex 24-Hour at Daytona as the race enters its ninth hour.
The hour started under caution and this lead to a number of pit stops, most notable of which was the #02 BMW which saw Montoya take to the wheel.
When the green flag fell, Negri Jr led the race with Marco Holzer leading the GT class in his #23 Porsche. Also in the GT class, third place Richard Lietz in the #44 Porsche had to stop from third place after receiving a penalty for jumping the start.
There was little action during the hour, with the only notable event being a power outage in the pits and a puncture for Michael Valiante in the no.2 Starworks entry.
50th Rolex 24 at Daytona DP class standings after Hour 8
1. #8 Starworks Motorsport – Dalziel/Luhr/McNish/Popow/Potolicchio
2. #60 Michael Shank Racing – Allmendinger/Negri/Pew/Wilson
3. #01 Chip Ganassi Racing – Hand/Pruett/Rahal/Rojas
50th Rolex 24 at Daytona GT class standings after Hour 8
1. #59 Brumos Racing – Davis/Haywood/Keen/ Lieb
2. #44 Magnus Racing – Lally/Lietz/Potter/Rast
3. #57 Stevenson Motorsports – Bremer/Edwards/Liddell