Status Grand Prix driver Nick Yelloly has been promoted to victory in the GP3 season finale in Abu Dhabi after Patric Niederhauser was excluded from the official results.
Stewards found that the #5 Arden of Niederhauser did not conform to the rear upper wing angle specification. This is a direct breach of article 4.3.4 of the GP3 series regulations and therefore Niederhauser was excluded from the race.
This handed Yelloly his first ever win in GP3, with champion Alex Lynn moving up to 2nd and team-mate Emil Bernstorff moving up to 3rd.
The amendment meant that Yelloly took Status Grand Prix’s third win of the season. The result also moves Yelloly up to sixth in the standings.
Kevin Ceccon was also penalised by the stewards for exceeding track limits. Ceccon moved down one place promoting Jimmy Eriksson to fifth.
The exclusion also meant that Carlin clinched the Team championship with a bigger margin of 19 points.
Here are the revised results:
1. Nick Yelloly Status Grand Prix 28:29.039s (14 laps)
2. Alex Lynn Carlin + 7.698s
3. Emil Bernstorff Carlin + 8.411s
4. Dino Zamparelli ART Grand Prix + 10.454s
5. Jimmy Eriksson Koiranen GP + 15.134s
6. Kevin Ceccon * Jenzer Motorsport + 13.180s
7. Richie Stanaway Status Grand Prix + 17.898s
8. Robert Visoiu Arden International + 18.472s
9. Pal Varhaug Jenzer Motorsport + 22.214s
10. Matheo Tuscher Jenzer Motorsport + 23.927s
11. Marvin Kirchhöfer ART Grand Prix + 24.505s
12. Santiago Urrutia Koiranen GP + 30.809s
13. Riccardo Agostini Hilmer Motorsport + 31.159s
14. Patrick Kujala Trident + 31.883s
15. Alex Fontana ART Grand Prix + 32.473s
16. Ling Kang Trident + 43.279s
17. Luis Sa Silva Carlin + 63.133s
18. Nelson Mason Hilmer Motorsport + 1 lap
Jann Mardenborough Arden International (retired on lap 10)
Alfonso Celis Jr Status Grand Prix (retired on lap 8)
Ryan Cullen Trident (retired on lap 1)
Dean Stoneman Koiranen GP (retired on lap 1)
Patric Niederhauser Arden International (failure to conform to the rear upper wing angle specification)