The 2015 Red Bull Global Rallycross season is set to get underway on May 30-31 at a brand new event which will see the 600-horsepower beasts return to a street race for the first time since the 2012 X Games in Los Angeles.
Fort Lauderdale will play host to the opening race weekend with the route heading along the beachfront of the iconic city, closing down parts of historic Route A1A.
“Coming to the city of Fort Lauderdale presents us with an incredible opportunity to bring Red Bull Global Rallycross action to the city streets,” said Red Bull GRC CEO Colin Dyne. “We believe that our partnership with the city will result in a spectacular event experience that should be a staple of the Red Bull GRC schedule for years to come.”
The current 2015 Red Bull Global Rallycross schedule is:
- May 31 – Fort Lauderdale, FL
- June 21 – Daytona Beach, FL
- July 5 – United States Military Base
- July 25 – Detroit, MI (I)
- July 26 – Detroit, MI (II)
- August 15 – Washington, DC
- August 30 – Seattle
- September 12 – Los Angeles, CA (I)
- September 13 – Los Angeles, CA (II)
- October 3 – Barbados (I)
- October 4 – Barbados (II)
- November 4 – Las Vegas, NV
Opinion: This is a great move from GRC to bring a street circuit back to the calendar, personally I miss the racing from Los Angeles which always provided so much excitement. While the series doesn’t lack excitement it can only further enhance the experience for fans with the addition of Fort Lauderdale.