Tanner Foust made it two pole positions out of two for Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross, beating team mate Scott Speed for top spot in qualifying for the second round of the 2017 Red Bull Global Rallycross season in Louisville, Kentucky.
The double champion was the only driver to break the 30 second barrier, his time of 29.908 seconds just three tenths of a second quicker than Speed.
Chris Atkinson was third fastest for Subaru while the Hondas of Sebastian Eriksson and Mitchell De Jong completed the top five.
Cabot Bigham was sixth in his second ever Red Bull GRC Supercars event, he was ahead of Steve Arpin in a similar M-Sport Ford Fiesta, while Patrik Sandell, Oliver Eriksson and Austin Dyne rounded out the field.
Red Bull GRC Louisville Supercars qualifying results
- Tanner Foust, #34 Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross, 29.908
- Scott Speed, #41 Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross, 30.220
- Chris Atkinson, #55 Subaru Rally Team USA, 30.543
- Sebastian Eriksson, #93 Honda Red Bull Olsbergs MSE, 30.594
- Mitchell deJong, #24 Honda Red Bull Olsbergs MSE, 30.756
- Cabot Bigham, #2 Bryan Herta Rallysport, 30.858
- Steve Arpin, #00 Loenbro Motorsports, 31.012
- Patrik Sandell, #18 Subaru Rally Team USA, 31.031
- Oliver Eriksson, #16 Honda Red Bull Olsbergs MSE, 31.047
- Austin Dyne, #14 Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing, 31.528