Tanner Foust continued his dominant performance at Red Bull Global Rallycross in Thompson, Connecticut by claiming his second pole position in as many days, and his third in as many events.
The Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross driver, who was unbeaten in the first part of the New England double header set a lap time of 49.631 seconds to edge Sebastian Eriksson and Steve Arpin.
Scott Speed was fourth fastest, ahead of Chris Atkinson and Mitchell DeJong.
Oliver Eriksson, Cabot Bigham, and Austin Dyne completed the field while Patrik Sandell again failed to set a time with his engine troubles from yesterday continuing.
In Red Bull GRC Lites, Alex Keyes took pole position ahead of Cyril Raymond and Christian Brooks.
The Dreyer & Reinbold driver was set to claim pole position for the first Thompson round yesterday until his fastest time was deleted.
Red Bull GRC Thompson II Supercars qualifying results
- Tanner Foust, #34 Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross, 49.631
- Sebastian Eriksson, #93 Honda Red Bull Olsbergs MSE, 49.791
- Steve Arpin, #00 Loenbro Motorsports, 49.897
- Scott Speed, #41 Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross,49.928
- Chris Atkinson, #55 Subaru Rally Team USA, 50.082
- Mitchell deJong, #24 Honda Red Bull Olsbergs MSE, 50.275
- Oliver Eriksson, #16 Honda Red Bull Olsbergs MSE, 50.484
- Cabot Bigham, #2 Bryan Herta Rallysport, 51.227
- Austin Dyne, #14 Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing, 51.590
- Patrik Sandell, #18 Subaru Rally Team USA, No Time