LEGO has released images of one of the final Porsche 911 GT3 RS LEGO Technic sets to be produced ‘rolling off’ the production line of the Porsche factory at Zuffenhausen, Germany, as the company makes way for new models in 2019.
The highly popular LEGO set has been available since 2016 and will no longer be available from the end of 2018 as the company keeps up to date with the German marque’s range.
The LEGO Technic kit is made up of 2,704 pieces and when complete forms a 1:8 scale model of the iconic Porsche 911 GT3 RS.
Nicola Mellor, Brand Manager for LEGO Technic, said “LEGO Technic lets fans of iconic sports cars such as the Porsche 911 GT3 RS to Build For Real – and what better way to send off one of the final versions of this fan favourite set than to have it roll out of its spiritual home in Stuttgart.”
While the production run has now finished, the kit will be available in shops until stocks last, making way for a range of new Porsche Technic builds in 2019.
LEGO TECHNIC PORSCHE 911 GT3 RS FACT FILE
- First released in 2016
- 2,704 pieces
- RRP: £259.99
- 1:8 scale model of the real Porsche 911 GT3 RS
- The model features detailed, orange bodywork, red suspension springs, detailed headlights, taillights, brake calipers and rims with low-profile tires
- The accessible cockpit features a detailed dashboard, working gearbox, steering wheel with gearshift paddles, racing seats and a glove compartment containing a unique serial number
- Functions include opening doors and hood with storage compartment and suitcase, and an opening rear lid that houses a detailed flat 6 engine with moving pistons.
PORSCHE 911 GT3 RS FACT FILE
- Real car size: 4,557mm long x 1,880mm wide x 1,297mm tall
- Real car weight: 1,505kg
- Real car top speed: 312 km/h
- Real car acceleration: 0-100 km/h in 3.2 seconds