Sauber F1 Team has announced that they will be releasing images of their 2017 car on social media on February 20, two days before they complete a filming day in Barcelona.
This will make them the team first to launch this season, although a few remain unscheduled. It also means the team will have their current car available for the first scheduled pre-season testing, unlike last year when they were forced to run with an older model.
The 2016 Scuderia Ferrari engine will remain, but a new face will be donning their colours; Pascal Wehrlein joins the team to partner Marcus Ericsson. However Werhlein’s participation in testing is currently in doubt owing to an injury sustained during last month’s Race of Champions. The first pre-season testing commences on February 27.
The other confirmed launch dates are :
- Renault Sport Formula One Team – February 21
- Sahara Force India F1 Team – February 22
- Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team – February 23
- Scuderia Ferrari – February 24
- McLaren Honda Formula One Team – February 24
- Scuderia Toro Rosso – February 26