According to reports from the Guardian newspaper, Jenson Button has signed a £6m-a-year deal with McLaren that could see him partner Lewis Hamilton for the next three years.
In the article it says that Button has turned his back on Brawn (soon to be Mercedes) following protracted negotiations.
Button was spotted at the McLaren factory last friday as he was given a guided tour with sources at McLaren allegedly saying “I think Jenson liked what he saw and they liked him too.”
Earlier in the day Brawn chief executive Nick Fry said “I hope Jenson is still with us next season. We’ve been together for a good few years now and we have succeeded in winning the world championship together and we want Jenson to be with us. But we have to recognise that Formula One is not divorced from the rest of the world. We have worked within a budget [and] if we spend in one area then we cannot spend in another area.”
Keep checking back on TCF as we will be keeping you posted on this developing story.