Norbert Siedler will start the first ever Porsche Carrera World Cup from pole position at the Nurburgring Nordschleife. The Veltins Lechner Racing driver was 0.403 seconds quicker than teammate and reigning Porsche Supercup champion Rene Rast around the 15.8 mile circuit.
Rast had top spot for much of the qualifying session, with Supercup standings leader Nick Tandy in second place for Konrad Motorsport. However, Siedler then put in his perfect lap near the end of the session to steal pole.
Pole Kuba Giermaziak continued his strong recent form of late by qualifying in third for the Verva Racing Team, relegating Tandy to fourth.
Carrera Cup Deutschland driver Nicki Thiim qualified in fifth, fresh from his win at Lausitz, with Christian Engelhardt, winner of the opening Supercup round of the season in Turkey, sixth.
Sean Edwards qualified seventh for Team Abu Dhabi by tolimit, with Germany's Lance David Arnold a strong eighth. Rounding out the top ten was Uwe Alzen and reigning Carrera Cup Deutschland champion Nicolas Armindo.
James Sutton was the best of the Carrera Cup Great Britain runners, qualifying in 17th place.
1. Norbert Siedler (A), VELTINS Lechner Racing, 8:35.809 minutes
2. RenÃ© Rast (D), VELTINS Lechner Racing, + 0.403 seconds
3. Kuba Giermaziak (PL), VERVA Racing Team, + 0.663
4. Nick Tandy (GB), Konrad Motorsport, + 3.002
5. Nicki Thiim (DK), Hermes Attempto Racing, + 3.834
6. Christian Engelhart (D), Konrad Motorsport, + 4.756
7. Sean Edwards (GB), Team Abu Dhabi by tolimit, + 5.366
8. Lance David Arnold (D), Motopark Oschersleben, + 5.945
9. Uwe Alzen (D), PZ Aschaffenburg Uwe Alzen Automotive, + 6.397
10. Nicolas Armindo (F), Hermes Attempto Racing, + 6.893