Last week, a bus accident involving a train in the San Luis region claimed the lives of six children and two teachers from the Santa Maria School.
The 2011 FIA GT1 World Championship saw its final round of the season at the Potrero de los Funes circuit. All of the participants humbly paid their respects to the people of San Luis and its Governor, Mr. Alberto Rodriguez Saa, with black ribbon logos on their cars and a minute of silence was held before the Championship Race.
This week, and over the next three weeks, the Santa Maria School will be the object of the FIA GT1 World Championship’s attention. Within this time an e-Bay auction will showcase:
During the race weekend, the GT1 teams have donated a range of items including the race overalls from the 2011 FIA GT1 World Champions Michael Krumm and Lucas Luhr.
Other items include –
· All-Inkl.com MÃ¼nnich Motorsport driver Marc Basseng's race suit and gloves
· Clivio Piccione's Hexis race suit
· Stefan MÃ¼cke's Young Driver AMR race suit.
· Antoine Leclerc's Belgian Racing race suit
· Exim Bank Team China race suit as worn by Nicky Catsburg
· A pair of race boots from DKR www-discount.de's Manuel Lauck
· 10 Young Driver Aston Martin team and Young Driver/Gulf polo shirts.
THIS WEEK’S ONLINE AUCTION
Round 1 race winner Clivio Piccioni has donated his race suit for the auction.
Click HERE to be directed to the eBay auction.
This auction started at 4:45pm (GMT) Sunday 6 November and will last for 7 days.
The following auctions will last for 7 days:
Wednesday 9 November to Wednesday 16 November
1. Marc Basseng’s Race Suit and Gloves
2. Antoine Leclerc Belgian Racing team suit
3. Young Driver Team Polo Shirts (x5) – Buy It Now for £25 each
The following auctions will start at 9pm and last for 7 days:
16 November to 23 November
4. Young Driver Gulf Polo Shirts (x5)
5. Manuel Lauck’s Race Boots
6. Exim Bank Team China Race Suit as worn by Nicky Catsburg
GRAND FINALE – THE CHAMPION'S RACE SUITS
The following auctions will start at 9pm and last for 7 days
23 November to 30 November
7. JRM Race Suits as worn by the 2011 FIA GT1 World Champions Lucas Luhr and Michael Krumm
8. Young Driver AMR Race Suit as worn by 2011 FIA GT1 World Vice Champion Stefan MÃ¼cke
PLEASE NOTE: ALL ITEMS ARE IN TRANSIT BACK FROM ARGENTINA AND WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE FOR POSTING TO THE SUCCESSFUL BIDDERS FROM 16 DECEMBER 2011
To place your bid, please visit www.gt1world.com where you with find a special charity page with links to each of online auctions.