LMP1 continues the battle at the front. Porsche are now in a comfortable position with their cars as the #19 leads by almost a lap over their team mate in the the #17 Car. Nick Tandy has retaken the reigns of the lead car after Nico Hulkenberg drove the early hours, while Earl Bamber looks likely to finish the race.
As for the Audis, they look likely to fight for the final podium place with the #9 of Marco Bonanomi now leading the #7 by a comfortable 2 minutes, this extends thanks to a drive though penalty for #7 after their clash with the Porsche in the slow zone during the Strakka incident. Further back, Toyota finally seem consistant, but it seems too late to fight for a podium.
LMP2 saw the gap reduce to first as the #47 KCMG car stopped at the start of the hour at the hands of Richard Bradley. This has allowed a battle to build with #26 G-Drive Racing now within contention and on the same lap as the leader. While the #38 Jota Sport is now also in with a chance.
The #64 Corvette and #51 AF Corse pit at the same time once again, ensuring the battle for the GTE-Pro lead continues. But the gap could get closer with the potential of rain soon.
In GTE-Am the #98 Aston Martin has extended its advantage. This was mostly because Victor Shaytor in the #72 SMP Racing ran off at Indianapolis beaching in the gravel. Because the #72 had a 2 lap cushion over the next competitor, he was able to not lose positions. But the chance of victory seems to be over.
Meanwhile further back, the #68 Team AAI spins allowing the #66 to catch up slightly. Both of them are out of contention for a podium though and will be one of a number teams just trying to finish well.
Top 3 positions in each class after Hour 20 of the 83rd 24 Hours of Le Mans
- #19 Porsche 919 Hybrid – Hulkenberg/Bamber/Tandy
- #17 Porsche 919 Hybrid – Bernhard/Webber/Hartley
- #9 Audi R18 e-tron quattro – Albuquerque/Bonanomi/Rast
- #47 KCMG Oreca 05 – Howson/Lapierre/Bradley
- #26 G-Drive Racing Ligier JS P2 –Bird/Rusinov/Canal
- #38 Jota Sport Gibson 015S – Nissan – Dolan/Evans/Turvey
- #64 Corvette Racing – Milner/Gavin/Taylor
- #51 AF Corse – Vilander/Bruni/Fisichella
- #91 Porsche Team Manthey Porsche 911 RSR – Lietz/Christensen/Bergmeister
- #98 Aston Martin Racing V8 – Dalla Lana/Lauda/Lamy
- #72 SMP Racing Ferrari 458 Italia – Shaytar/Bertolini/Basov
- #62 Scuderia Corsa Ferrari 458 Italia – Sweedler/Bell/Segal