Ian Hutchinson took his third Superstock victory in a row in the RL360 Quantum Superstock TT race, bringing him up to 16 TT wins in total.
Hutchinson led the race from start to finish, with his closest rival Peter Hickman finishing 22.4 seconds behind him. The Tyco BMW rider had a clean pit stop, changing his rear tyre and also adjusting the front suspension. His lead from Hickman coming out of the stop was at 6.7 seconds, with Dan Kneen a further 5.8 seconds back.
By lap three, Hutchinson had a solid 13.6s lead from Hickman, and it was all plain sailing from there for the Bingley bullet, with him even setting the fastest lap of the race at 131.639mph.
It was the battle for fourth that went down to the wire between Michael Rutter and Dean Harrison. Ultimately, it was Rutter who clinched it, with a 1.1 second gap on Harrison.
Hutchinson’s win brings his points total up to 61 in the Joey Dunlop Championship, with Hickman in 2nd with 56 points, and Michael Dunlop & Dan Kneen in joint 3rd with 35. Jamie Coward was the top finishing privateer in the race, but Horst Saiger’s 10th place finish sees him sitting pretty with 58 points at the top of the TT Privateer Championship.
RL360 Quantum Superstock race results (top 10):
- Ian Hutchinson – Tyco BMW
- Peter Hickman – Smiths Racing (BMW)
- Dan Kneen – DTR powered by Penz 13 (BMW)
- Michael Rutter – Bathams SMT Racing (BMW)
- Dean Harrison – Silicone Engineering (Kawasaki)
- Michael Dunlop – MD Racing (Suzuki)
- William Dunlop – Temple Golf Club (Yamaha)
- David Johnson – Fleetwood Grab Services (BMW)
- Jamie Coward – Radcliffe’s Racing (BMW)
- Horst Saiger – Swiss Moto (Kawasaki)