Formula 1

Chilton Chosen by Force India for Young Driver Test

1 Mins read
Max Chilton - Photo Credit: Sahara Force India F1 Team

Max Chilton - Photo Credit: Sahara Force India F1 Team

 

Force India have chosen to put Max Chilton in the VJM04 for two days at the Young Driver Test taking place in Abu Dhabi next week.

The 20-year-old Brit, who has completed two seasons as a GP2 driver, will be in the F1 car on Tuesday and Thursday. The team will announce the other driver(s) selected for the test in the coming days.

“I can't wait to get back in the car in Abu Dhabi,” said Chilton, who has previously completed a straight-line test with the team. “I've spent time with the team already so I've got a feel for the way they work and I hope I can get up to speed quickly. Abu Dhabi is a track I've raced at a few times in GP2 so that will help. It's a big opportunity for me and I just want to enjoy the experience and take in as much as I can.”

Vijay Mallya says that he will being paying close attention to the talented drivers on display next week: “We all know how difficult it is to break into Formula 1, so the young driver test is a great initiative allowing all the teams to evaluate young talent,” he said. “It gives the drivers a chance to learn more about how a Formula 1 team operates away from the pressures of a race weekend and get valuable experience under their belt. I will keep a close eye on the progress of the test next week.”

Related posts
Formula 1

Red Bull Could've Dominated Like Mercedes But For 2014 Engine Rule Changes – Verstappen

1 Mins read
Max Verstappen says Red Bull could’ve dominated Formula 1 like Mercedes has in recent years if engine regulations had not changed in 2014.
Formula 1

2021 Portuguese Grand Prix Decision Likely Before the ‘End of February’ - Ni Amorim

1 Mins read
A decision to whether Portugal will host the third round of the 2021 Formula 1 season is likely to be made before the end of February.
Formula 1

Dutch Grand Prix Needs ‘an Audience’ to Happen in 2021 – Jan Lammers

1 Mins read
The Dutch Grand Prix will only go ahead as planned in September if fans are allowed to attend, according to race promoter Jan Lammers.

Leave a Reply