As the clock struck 3am local time there was very little change to the top positions across the four classes as the race marked the halfway point.
The LMP2 #27 SMP Racing BR01-Nissan was forced to limp back to the pitlane after losing a tyre from its rim. There would be further drama in the LMP2 class when the #29 Pegasus Racing Morgan Nissan entered the gravel trap at the end of the Porsche Curves; A short period of localised caution would see the marshals bump start the car and get it going once again.
With a clear track, Nick Tandy set about cementing the lead of the race for the Porsche team, but it wouldn’t be too long before there were further caution flags as the #43 Team Sard Morand Morgan – SARD stopped at the exit of Arnage.
LM GTE Pro was the only class to see a change in the top three with the #51 AF Corse car moving up to third in class.
With the race half way through there has only been eight retirements listed:
- #21 Nissan GT-R Nismo [LMP1]
- #36 Signatech Alpine – Alpine A450B – Nissan [LMP2]
- #97 Aston Martin Vantage V8 [LM GTE Pro]
- #50 Labre Competition – Chevrolet Corvette C7R [LM GTE Am]
- #41 Greaves Motorsport – Gibson 0155 – Nissan [LMP2]
- #88 Abu Dhabi Proton Racing – Porsche 911 RSR [LM GTE Am]
- #92 Porsche Team Manthey – Porsche 911 RSR [LM GTE Pro]
Top 3 positions in each class after Hour 12 of the 83rd 24 Hours of Le Mans
- #19 Porsche 919 Hybrid – Hulkenberg/Bamber/Tandy
- #9 Audi R18 e-tron quattro – Albuquerque/Bonanomi/Rast
- #7 Audi R18 e-tron quattro – Fassler/Treluyer/Lotterer
- #47 KCMG Oreca 05 – Howson/Lapierre/Bradley
- #46 Thirlet by TDS Racing Oreca 05 –Thiriet/Badey/Gommendy
- #26 G-Drive Racing Ligier JS P2 –Bird/Rusinov/Canal
LM GTE Pro
- #99 Aston Martin Vantage V8 – Rees/Stanaway/MacDowall
- #64 Corvette Racing – Milner/Gavin/Taylor
- #51 AF Corse – Vilander/Bruni/Fisichella
- #98 Aston Martin Racing V8 – Dalla Lana/Lauda/Lamy
- #72 SMP Racing Ferrari 458 Italia – Shaytar/Bertolini/Basov
- #77 Dempsey-Proton Racing – Dempsey/Long/Seefried
Follow the action LIVE with the TCF live blog here.