The race feels as if it’s almost over, but we went into this hour of the 2015 24 Hours of Le Mans with the entirety of a ELMS race still to run, so all could still change.
At the end of the 21st hour, with three remaining, Porsche still have their #19 919 Hybrid out front, currently with Earl Bamber at the wheel. In second is the #17 Porsche of Timo Bernhard, and third is occupied by André Lotterer in the #7 Audi R18 e-tron quattro.
Mid-way through the hour, the #9 Audi started to have problems, and had to enter the garage from 3rd place for repairs. It was released from the pitlane, but it ended up going straight on at the second Mulsanne Straight chicane, showing that its problems aren’t over. This is the first of the Audis and Porsches to hit problems.
In LMP2, as expected, the #47 KCMG Oreca is still leading, a lap ahead of the #26 G-Drive Ligier. Seconds behind is JOTA Sport with the #38 Gibson 015s – Nissan, which went down from 2nd after a pit stop.
AF Corse lead the LM GTE Am category with the #51 Ferrari 458 Italia, but are still relatively close to the ever-present #64 Corvette Racing C7R, currently piloted by Jordan Taylor. A few laps behind is another AF Corse car, the #71 Ferrari.
LM GTE Am is led by Pedro Lamy in the #98 Aston Martin Racing Vantage V8 who passed the #72 SMP Racing Ferrari when it went into the gravel at Indianapolis, losing a few laps in the process. Third place is held by the #77 Dempsey-Proton Racing Ferrari.
Top 3 positions in each class after Hour 21 of the 83rd 24 Hours of Le Mans
- #19 Porsche 919 Hybrid – Hulkenberg/Bamber/Tandy
- #17 Porsche 919 Hybrid – Bernhard/Webber/Hartley
- #7 Audi R18 e-tron quattro – Lotterer/Fassler/Treluyer
- #47 KCMG Oreca 05 – Howson/Lapierre/Bradley
- #26 G-Drive Racing Ligier JS P2 –Bird/Rusinov/Canal
- #38 Jota Sport Gibson 015S – Nissan – Dolan/Evans/Turvey
- #51 AF Corse Ferrari 458 Italia – Vilander/Bruni/Fisichella
- #64 Corvette Racing C7R – Milner/Gavin/Taylor
- #71 AF Corse Ferrari 458 Italia – Calado/Beretta/Rigon
- #98 Aston Martin Racing Vantage V8 – Dalla Lana/Lauda/Lamy
- #72 SMP Racing Ferrari 458 Italia – Shaytar/Bertolini/Basov
- #77 Dempsey-Proton Racing Porsche 911 RSR – Dempsey/Long/Seefried
Follow the action LIVE with the TCF live blog here