Formula 1

Sainz cleared to race following fitness checks

1 Mins read

Carlos Sainz Jr will compete in the Russian Grand Prix at the Sochi Autodrom after being cleared to race by FIA medical delegate Professor Jean-Charles Piette.

The twenty-one-year-old Spaniard had been transported to hospital following his high-speed crash during free practice on Saturday morning after hitting the turn thirteen barriers after losing control under braking, but was released late last night, and was thought to have shared dinner with McLaren-Honda driver Fernando Alonso.

Sainz visited the medical centre on Sunday morning and was declared fit to race, and his Scuderia Toro Rosso team have confirmed he would start the race, although he will begin in the pit lane due to the fact he did not compete in the qualifying session.

Stewards had already ruled that Sainz would be allowed to race despite missing qualifying.

Related posts
Formula 1

Kevin Magnussen ‘One of the Best Team-mates I’ve Ever Had’ – Romain Grosjean

1 Mins read
Kevin Magnussen is ‘much faster’ than people think, according to Romain Grosjean, and the Frenchman says he is open to teaming up with the Dane again in the future.
Formula 1

Wolff Praises Hamilton’s ‘Truly Remarkable’ Title-Clinching Performance in Turkey

2 Mins read
Toto Wolff says the way Lewis Hamilton took victory in the Turkish Grand Prix was ‘spectacular’ and deserving of him being called one of the best sportspeople in the world.
Formula 1

Wolff was ‘Pretty Relaxed’ over Russell’s Future Despite Rumours of Williams Departure

1 Mins read
George Russell will remain with Williams in 2021, but Toto Wolff stayed calm amid rumours about the Briton being replaced next season by Sergio Pérez.

Leave a Reply