Formula 1

New chassis for Verstappen after Monaco quali crash

1 Mins read
Max Verstappen - Credit: Octane Photographic Ltd

Max Verstappen will start this weekends Monaco Grand Prix from the pit lane with a new chassis after his qualifying crash on Saturday.

The Red Bull Racing driver saw the highs of his maiden victory in Spain turn to a low after turning too early into the second part of the Swimming Pool complex and breaking his front suspension, which meant he was unable to prevent his RB12 hitting the barriers on the outside of the corner.

Verstappen was naturally disappointed with the outcome of qualifying, especially after feeling he was on target for a good result that could have put him into contention for a top six grid slot.

“It’s of course not the way you want to start for tomorrow, I turned in a bit too early, clipped the inside wall, broke the inside suspension and then couldn’t turn anymore,” said Verstappen.

“I felt quite good, in my first push lap I felt more confident than all the other laps and also in terms of car balance it was better, because my second sector was nearly two to three tenths faster than I ever did.

“It was all coming together but then into the chicane, maybe I underestimated the grip I had and turned in a bit too early. Hopefully the weather will help a bit tomorrow but it will be very difficult. These things unfortunately happen and you have to learn from it and continue.”

Verstappen will be looking to make gains during Sunday’s race, and hopes to have some luck to enable him to make a charge through to the points.

“Hopefully there will be a lot of action tomorrow, not only from me but from others,” said Verstappen. “It will be very tough but I won’t give up.

“The car is great, we just have to find a way to get past the people in front. It will depend a lot on the strategy, what other people do of course and the weather, so hopefully we have some luck tomorrow.”

Related posts
Formula 1

Yan Lefort : "I am pleased to see how the team has faced this challenging time."

3 Mins read
Yan Lefort who is the commercial director of Sauber Motorsport is very pleased with how Alfa Romeo Racing ORLEN have managed to maintain and extend their relationship with their partners whilst bringing on new partners for the 2021 season which shows the faith that is being shown in Alfa Romeo Racing ORLEN’S Project.
Formula 1

Robert Kubica : "My Position in the team remains the same as last year"

3 Mins read
The Launch of Alfa Romeo’s C41 was an extremely special day for Polish driver Robert Kubica who is about to undergo his second season with the team as their reserve driver.
Formula 1

Albon Aiming for Formula 1 Return in 2022: “I know I can bounce back and that is my target”

2 Mins read
Alexander Albon is determined to be back in a Formula 1 race seat in 2021 after losing his seat at Red Bull for this year to Sergio Pérez.

5 Comments

Leave a Reply