The official entry list for the 2012 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship has been released at the annual media day and features 25 cars lining up for the season ahead.
A total of nine different makes and ten different models make up the all-turbo grid with 24 of the 25 entries set to make the start at Brands Hatch in less that two weeks time.
Honda will be challenging for the Manufacturer/Constructor trophy once again but this time with the new MG KX Momentum Racing Team run by previous works entry champions Triple Eight Racing, with RML concentrating its efforts elsewhere the two teams make up the four entries.
All other entries will be eligible for the Independents drivers and team trophies with Redstone Racing (Motorbase) heading up the field with a brace of Ford Focus’, Ebay Motors (WSR) with their three turbo-BMW 320si’s and Pirtek Racing running two full NGTC Honda Civics.
Official Entry List: 2012 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship
No. Name (NAT), Team, Car
1. Matt Neal (GBR), Honda Yuasa Racing Team, Honda Civic**
4. Mat Jackson (GBR), Redstone Racing, Ford Focus ST
5. Aron Smith (IRL), Redstone Racing, Ford Focus ST
6. Liam Griffin (GBR), Redstone Racing , Ford Focus ST
8. Robert Collard (GBR), eBay Motors, BMW 320si
11. Frank Wrathall (GBR), Dynojet, Toyota Avensis**
12. Daniel Welch (GBR), Welch Motorsport with Sopp+Sopp, Proton Persona**
17. Dave Newsham (GBR), Team ES Racing.com, Vauxhall Vectra
18. Nick Foster (GBR), eBay Motors, BMW 320si
31. Mark Hazell (GBR), Rob Austin Racing, Audi A4**
33. Adam Morgan (GBR), Speedworks Motorsport, Toyota Avensis**
34. Tony Gilham (GBR), RCIB Insurance & HARD., Honda Civic
38. Tom Onslow-Cole (GBR), eBay Motors, BMW 320si
43. Lea Wood (GBR), BINZ Racing, Vauxhall Vectra
44. Andy Neate (GBR), MG KX Momentum Racing, MG6**
48. Ollie Jackson (GBR), AmD Tuning.com, VW Golf
50. Tony Hughes (GBR), Speedworks Motorsport, Toyota Avensis**
52. Gordon Shedden (GBR) Honda Yuasa Racing Team Honda Civic**
55. Jeff Smith (GBR), Pirtek Racing, Honda Civic**
66. John Thorne (GBR), Thorney Motorsport, Vauxhall Insignia VXR-R**
77. Andrew Jordan (GBR), Pirtek Racing, Honda Civic**
78. Chris James (GBR), Team ES Racing.com, Vauxhall Vectra
99. Jason Plato (GBR), MG KX Momentum Racing, MG6**
TBA. TBA, Rob Austin Racing, Audi A4**
TBA. TBA*, Thorney Motorsport, Vauxhall Insignia VXR-R**
Cars no. 1, 44, 52 & 99 eligible for Manufacturer/Constructor trophy
All others; eligible for Independents driver and team trophies
** Denotes car built to full NGTC chassis/engine spec.
All others; S2000 chassis/NGTC engine spec.
* Denotes entry from Oulton Park