The 2013 British Touring Car Championship will boast a bumper 32 cars on the grid, series director Alan Gow confirmed.
Speaking at the series media day at Donington Park, he also confirmed broadcaster ITV had signed a three-year extension to its current deal, taking it through to the 2017 season.
Gow said the packed grid, which will include 26 cars built to the series’ next-generation touring car regulations, was an “incredible validation” of the new rules.
“I’m really pleased to announced we’ve got a record 32 cars for the first time,” he said. “The level of investment and commitment is overwhelming…particularly in the current economic environment.
“With any new rule change you have to build new cars. The NGTC production has worked out absolutely perfect. For the teams to make that sort of investment is an amazing feat. [It’s] an incredible validation of these regulations.”
Olly Jackson has been confirmed as Speedworks Motorsport‘s second driver while Michael Caine will enter at Donington Park in a third Motorbase NGTC Focus. Chris Stockton‘s BTC Racing Cruze will enter from Snetterton.
11 manufacturers will be represented by 13 different models in 2013.
1. Gordon Shedden Honda Yuasa Racing Honda Civic
2. Matt Neal Honda Yuasa Racing Honda Civic
4. Michael Caine Addison Lee Motorbase Ford Focus**
5. Rob Collard eBay Motors BMW 125i M-Sport
6. Tom Onslow-Cole PPCGB.com/Kraftwerk Racing Volkswagen CC
7. Mat Jackson Airwaves Racing Ford Focus
8. Aron Smith Airwaves Racing Ford Focus
10. Dan Welch Welch Automotive Proton Persona
11. Frank Wrathall Dynojet Toyota Avensis
12. David Nye Welch Automotive Ford Focus *
13. Rob Austin Wix Racing Audi A4
14. Will Bratt Wix Racing Audi A4
15. James Kaye AmDTuning.com Volkswagen Golf *
17. Dave Newsham Speedworks Toyota Avensis
18. Nick Foster eBay Motors BMW 125i M-Sport
20. James Cole RCIB Insurance Racing Vauxhall Insignia
22. Howard Fuller PPCGB.com/Kraftwerk Racing Volkswagen CC
28. Chris Stockton BTC Racing Chevrolet Cruze ***
29. Colin Turkington eBay Motors BMW 125i M-Sport
31. Jack Goff RCIB Insurance Racing Vauxhall Insignia
33. Adam Morgan Ciceley Racing Toyota Avensis
39. Warren Scott BMR Restart SEAT Leon S
43. Lea Wood Wheel Heaven/Houseman Racing Vauxhall Vectra *
44. Andy Neate Team Club 44 Chevrolet Cruze **
48. Ollie Jackson Speedworks Toyota Avensis
55. Jeff Smith Pirtek Racing Honda Civic
66. Liam Griffin Addison Lee Motorbase Ford Focus *
77. Andrew Jordan Pirtek Racing Honda Civic
88. Sam Tordoff MG KX Momentum Racing MG6 GT
90. Joe Girling M247 Racing Chevrolet Cruze *
99. Jason Plato MG KX Momentum Racing MG6 GT
TBA. TBA Team Club 44 Chevrolet Cruze ***
* S2000 car in the Jack Sears Trophy
** Entry from Donington Park
*** Entry from Snetterton