In a Night of Champions ceremony in London on Saturday, FIA President Jean Todt and 1964 Formula 1 World Champion John Surtees crowed the 2014 Motor Sports Association (MSA) British champions.
At the Royal Automobile Club in Pall Mall, the annual event saw the winners of the United Kingdom’s most prestigious titles awarded, overseen by the Chairman of the MSA Alan Gow.
During the ceremony, Todt praised the depth of talent currently in the United Kingdom, while also paying tribute to the MSA’s support of the FIA’s Action for Road Safety campaign.
Mr Gow was delighted to welcome the champions to the ceremony, and praised them all for their achievements during the 2014 season.
“The MSA Night of Champions is always a great occasion and a highlight of the domestic motor sport calendar,” said Gow. “But the evening is not ours; it is our champions’ night and we were delighted to welcome them to the Royal Automobile Club to celebrate their achievements and successes.
“We were also honoured to have our FIA President, Jean Todt, with us throughout the evening and thank him for his contribution to such a special occasion.”
The honoured 2014 Champions
- MSA British Cadet Kart Championship: Teddy Wilson
- MSA British Short Circuit Kart Championship: Henry Easthope
- MSA British Long Circuit Kart Championship: Paul Platt
- MSA British Autotest Championship: Richard Pinkney
- MSA British Car Trial Championship: Mark Hoppe
- MSA British Sporting Trials Championship: John Fack
- MSA British Drag Racing Championship: Andy Robinson
- MSA British Sprint Championship: Colin Calder
- MSA British Hill Climb Championship: Scott Moran
- MSA British Rallycross Championship: Julian Godfrey
- MSA British Cross Country Championship: Mike Moran and Tony Coid
- MSA British Historic Rally Championship: David Stokes and Guy Weaver
- MSA British Junior Rally Championship: Gus Greensmith
- MSA British Manufacturers Rally Championship: Citroen UK
- MSA British Rally Championship: Daniel McKenna and Arthur Kierans
- British GT Championship: Marco Attard
- British Formula 3 Championship: Hong Wei Cao
- MSA British Touring Car Championship Manufacturer: MG
- MSA British Touring Car Championship: Colin Turkington
- JLT MSA Club of the Year: Solway Car Club
- JLT MSA Volunteer of the Year – Overall: Richard Ashton
- JLT MSA Volunteer of the Year – Marshal: Karen Kearns
- FIA Best Marshal: Lynne Kenall
- Renault MSA Young Journalist of the Year: Scott Mitchell
- Renault MSA Young Photographer of the Year: Adam Pigott
- BWRDC Lord Wakefield Trophy: Claire Williams
- RSF MSA Young Driver of the Year: Sam Bilham