With the 2015 24 Hours of Le Mans two hours in, it is the #7 Audi that has taken the lead from Porsche.
The hour started under the safety car, due to an incident 60 minutes in involving a fire on the #92 Porsche and an incident between the #13 Rebellion and #42 Strakka Dome. Read more about this on our hour 1 update.
The safety car was out for almost 25 minutes, and on the restart, the #7 Audi R18 e-tron quattro of Marcel Fässler, Benoît Tréluyer and André Lotterer overtook the two leading Porsches to take the lead, with Lotterer at the wheel.
Lotterer couldn’t defend his lead when he pitted, though, and so the #17 Porsche of Timo Bernhard, Mark Webber and Brendon Hartley moved up into 1st position. Soon after, Bernhard would set the fastest race lap, a 3:19.346. By the two hour mark, the #7 Audi had re-taken the lead, and was ahead of the #17 and #18 Porsches.
In LMP2, the #47 KCMG ORECA 05 – Nissan of Matt Howson, Richard Bradley and Nicolas Lapierre held the lead, ahead of the #46 Thiriet by TDS Racing team using the same car. In third is G-Drive Racing’s #26 Ligier JS P2 – Nissan.
There were a few spins in the LMP2 class, first of which was the #40 Krohn Racing Ligier at the first chicane. Next, the #31 Extreme Speed Motorsports Ligier spun at Mulsanne corner. Its sister car, the #30 ESM Ligier also spun at the first chicane, along with the #40 again. This forced a slow zone to come into effect to recover the Krohn car.
LM GTE Pro is led by the #95 Aston Martin Vantage V8 of Marco Sørensen, Christoffer Nygaard and Nicki Thiim. In second place is the #51 AF Corse Ferrari 458 Italia, ahead of the #97 Aston Martin.
Finally, LM GTE Am sees SMP Racing out front in the #72 Ferrari 458 Italia driven by Victor Shaytar, Andrea Bertolini and Aleksey Basov. Behind them is another Ferrari, this time the #55 AF Corse car, ahead of the #91 Porsche Team Manthey 911 RSR.
Top 3 positions after Hour 2 of the 83rd 24 Hours of Le Mans:
- #7 Audi R18 e-tron quattro – Fässler/Lotterer/Tréluyer
- #17 Porsche 919 Hybrid – Bernhard/Webber/Hartley
- #18 Porsche 919 Hybrid – Dumas/Jani/Lieb
- #47 KCMG ORECA 05 – Nissan – Howson/Bradley/Lapierre
- #46 Thiriet by TDS Racing ORECA 05 – Nissan – Thiriet/Badey/Gommendy
- #26 G-Drive Racing Ligier JS P2 – Nissan – Rusinov/Canal/Bird
LM GTE Pro
- #95 Aston Martin Vantage V8 – Sørensen/Nygaard/Thiim
- #51 AF Corse Ferrari 458 Italia – Bruni/Vilander/Fisichella
- #97 Aston Martin Vantage V8 – Turner/Mücke/Bell
LM GTE Am
- #72 SMP Racing Ferrari 458 Italia – Shaytar/Bertolini/Basov
- #55 AF Corse Ferrari 458 Italia – Cameron/Griffin/Mortimer
- #91 Porsche Team Manthey 911 RSR – Lietz/Christensen/Bergmeister
Follow the action LIVE with the TCF live blog here.