Ash Sutton shows little signs of letting up with a third successive BTCC pole position at Oulton Park on Saturday (17 June) as his dominance continues.
Sutton leads the Drivers’ Championship by 14 points having taken six wins from 12 races and will head into Sunday’s action looking to again win at least two out of three races.
Before the Top Ten Showdown, Sutton was more than three tenths of a second clear of Tom Ingram and Jake Hill in particular and during the final ten minutes, Sutton set an early mark that wouldn’t be matched.
Albeit, it was a tad closer than the opening stanza as Hill sat second. Ricky Collard who continues to improve will sit third tomorrow. While after topping practice earlier on Saturday, Bobby Thompson will start fourth.
Dan Cammish had to settle for fifth, ahead of reigning champion Ingram who will be frustrated with sixth place. Colin Turkington was initially seventh but disqualified for failing scrutineering checks. Josh Cook as a results sits in seventh ahead of Aron Taylor-Smith, Rory Butcher and Adam Morgan.
2023 British Touring Car Championship – Qualifying – Oulton Park
1. Ashley Sutton, NAPA Racing UK 1:24.832s
2. Jake Hill, Laser Tools Racing with MB Motorsport +0.225s
3. Ricky Collard, TOYOTA GAZOO Racing UK +0.468s
4. Bobby Thompson, Autobrite Direct with Millers Oils +0.534s
5. Dan Cammish, NAPA Racing UK +0.611s
6. Tom Ingram, BRISTOL STREET MOTORS with EXCELR8 +0.633s
7. Josh Cook, One Motorsport with Starline Racing +0.655s
8. Árón Taylor-Smith, CarStore Power Maxed Racing +0.781s
9. Rory Butcher, TOYOTA GAZOO Racing UK +1.032s
10. Adam Morgan, Team BMW +0.675s
11. Daniel Rowbottom, NAPA Racing UK +0.680s
12. Stephen Jelley, Team BMW +0.737s
13. Aiden Moffat, One Motorsport with Starline Racing +0.745s
14. George Gamble, TOYOTA GAZOO Racing UK +0.753s
15. Daniel Lloyd, Autobrite Direct with Millers Oils +0.830s
16. Mikey Doble, CarStore Power Maxed Racing +0.912s
17. Andrew Watson, CarStore Power Maxed Racing +0.943s
18. Sam Osborne, NAPA Racing UK +0.949s
19. Ronan Pearson, BRISTOL STREET MOTORS with EXCELR8 +0.985s
20. Dexter Patterson, Re.Beverages and Bartercard with Team HARD +1.006s
21. Tom Chilton, BRISTOL STREET MOTORS with EXCELR8 +1.155s
22. Jade Edwards, Re.Beverages and Bartercard with Team HARD +1.483s
23. Jack Butel, Go-Fix with Autoaid Breakdown +1.631s
24. Nic Hamilton, Go-Fix with Autoaid Breakdown +1.972s
25. Nick Halstead, BRISTOL STREET MOTORS with EXCELR8 +2.331s
26. Will Powell, One Motorsport with Starline Racing +6.639s
DSQ. Colin Turkington, Team BMW