Ash Sutton is at it again in a drive that may have just sealed another BTCC Drivers’ Championship for the imperious NAPA Racing UK driver who came from 23rd on the grid to win Race Two at Silverstone
It was one of his greatest wins in an illustrious career so far as Jake Hill looked to be cruising towards victory and a second one of the day as Sutton and Tom Ingram battled their way through the order.
However the safety car saw Hill slow and he was soon down the order. Aron Taylor-Smith then led until the penultimate lap as Sutton who was already in the top six as of Hill’s demise dived down the inside through Woodcote. As Ingram got into third past Rory Butcher.
Sutton now leads Ingram by 47 points and the latter now looks to be the only cork in the bottle en route to the former reclaiming the tittle with four races of the season left. Adam Morgan, Andrew Watson, Josh Cook and Colin Turkington rounded out the top seven.
But all accolades went to Sutton and also Ingram for a true master class and in the case of Sutton, a champions elect drive.
2023 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship – Race Two – Silverstone
1. Ashley Sutton, NAPA Racing UK 24 Laps
2. Árón Taylor-Smith, CarStore Power Maxed Racing +0.411s
3. Tom Ingram, BRISTOL STREET MOTORS with EXCELR8 +1.405s
4. Rory Butcher, TOYOTA GAZOO Racing UK +2.257s
5. Adam Morgan, Team BMW +2.578s
6. Andrew Watson, CarStore Power Maxed Racing +3.093s
7. Josh Cook, One Motorsport with Starline Racing +3.774s
8. Colin Turkington, Team BMW +3.942s
9. Daniel Lloyd, Autobrite Direct with Millers Oils +4.659s
10. Daniel Rowbottom, NAPA Racing UK +4.984s
11. Ronan Pearson, BRISTOL STREET MOTORS with EXCELR8 +5.269s
12. Michael Crees, Autobrite Direct with Millers Oils +12.789s
13. Aiden Moffat, One Motorsport with Starline Racing +12.794s
14. Ricky Collard, TOYOTA GAZOO Racing UK +12.952s
15. Mikey Doble, CarStore Power Maxed Racing +13.026s
16. Tom Chilton, BRISTOL STREET MOTORS with EXCELR8 +13.096s
17. Sam Osborne, NAPA Racing UK +13.152s
18. Stephen Jelley, Team BMW +13.300s
19. Dexter Patterson, Re.Beverages and Bartercard with Team HARD +13.332s
20. Jake Hill, Laser Tools Racing with MB Motorsport +13.550s
21. Nick Halstead, BRISTOL STREET MOTORS with EXCELR8 +13.677s
22. Jade Edwards, One Motorsport with Starline Racing +15.539s
23. George Gamble, TOYOTA GAZOO Racing UK +1 Lap
24. Dan Cammish, NAPA Racing UK +1 Lap
25. Jack Butel, Go-Fix with Autoaid Breakdown +1 Lap
26. Daryl DeLeon, Re.Beverages and Bartercard with Team HARD +3 Laps
27. Bobby Thompson, Go-Fix with Autoaid Breakdown +6 Laps